We are always looking for candidates with the following profile:
• MSc degree in Systems Biology, Computational Biology, Bioinformatics, Biophysics, Computer Science or a related discipline.
• Knowledge and experience in the analysis of biological high-throughput data.
• Knowledge in statistical methods in the context of biological systems.
• Experience with programming (Python, Perl, C++, R).
• Well-developed collaborative skills.
The Times Higher Education ranked Hong Kong as having the best universities in the world when adjusted for population size and GDP. Amongst these, The University of Hong Kong is fortunate to have been ranked as Asia´s leading international university for a number of years. Hong Kong is a metropolis rich in both Asian and Western cultures and traditions; a legacy inherited from the colorful past. The city was ranked, as having the most culturally integrated economy in the Globalization Index 2010, is one of the world´s safest cities according to a recent UN survey, and in 2012 was ranked as the world´s most livable city.
The Hans Knoll Institute in Germany is a world-leading academic research centre in the field of natural product research and infection biology of human-pathogenic fungi. Employing a multi-disciplinary approach the HKI develops new technologies that are used to identify natural products, to characterise their function and exploit their mechanisms of action in order to elucidate cellular processes. In addition, the HKI investigates the pathobiology of infections caused by human-pathogenic fungi. These investigations will find application in the use of natural product-based drugs for treatment and diagnosis of infectious diseases mainly caused by fungi….